For babies under 12 months, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Nation Institute of Child Health and Human Development recommend the following to help reduce the risk of SIDS:
- Place baby on his/her back on a firm, tight-fitting mattress in a crib that meets current safety standards.
- Remove pillows, quilts, comforters, sheepskins, pillow-like stuffed toys and other pillow-like soft products from the crib.
- Consider using a sleeper as an alternative to blankets with no other covering.
- If using a blanket, put baby with his or her feet at the foot of the crib. Tuck a thin blanket around the crib mattress, only as far as the baby's chest.
- Make sure your baby's head remains uncovered during sleep.
- Do not place baby on a waterbed, sofa, soft mattress, pillow or other soft surface to sleep.
What are we doing at Sweet Dreams My Child to look out for the safety of your baby? All of the crib bedding and baby products that we carry is from manufactures who are in
compliance with all current safety standards of the JPMA.